Sunday, May 5, 2013

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge: Quick Mother's Day Card

I'd been thinking of entering this sketch challenge as soon as it was posted on Monday, but I had a big surprise party to plan for my hubby, my little buddy got sick, and I have another appearance on daytime Durham on Tuesday to prep for.  But this afternoon I decided a half hour before supper to make a card anyway!

Atlantic Hearts is a brand new sketch challenge blog and it's all Canadian!  That doesn't mean you have to be Canadian to enter, though.  Make sure to go check out the other entries.

Here's the sketch:

Here's my card:


I was working with Claire and had a bunch of scraps on my desk, so I used those.  I glued all the strips, except the bottom one onto a piece of 4x4 cardstock, then sponged around the edges.  Then I tied a on a piece of Baker's Twine.  You can't really see it in the photo, but this panel is popped up.  I sponged the bottom piece, gluing it directly to my card front and stamping my sentiment in Outdoor Denim.  I added some Sparkles and I was done!  I chose to do a Mother's Day card because of the project I was working on before I made this card.  But you'll have to wait to see it.  ;)

Don't forget, I'm giving away 2 Monogram Stamp sets of your choice.  Just scroll down to the post below to enter!  Contest closes at midnight EST.

Happy Creating!

2 comments:

  1. Great card, thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Krista. Thanks for joining us in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day.