Monday, October 15, 2012

Cross Canada Blog Hop: Canvas Journal

Welcome to another month of hopping across Canada!  This month we are creating with the My Creations Canvas Journal.  You can click on the link to see it, or just open your Idea Book to page 132.  The journal sells for $8.95.


If you came from Joanne's blog, you're on the right track.  If you're starting here, just keep on clicking the links at the bottom of each post and when you get back here, you've seen all the wonderful ideas.  Or you have the option to start out east with Michelle and literally "hop across Canada"!  This month we've got 9 consultants participating.

Here is what I did with the journal:





I loved the gorgeous texture of the canvas and didn't want to cover it, so I inked it up with our fabulous pigment inks.  I chose pigment inks because I know that the colours won't fade and it will stand up to being handled and shoved in my purse each week.  All the colours I used are from the Enchantment palette.  I was going for a sort of sunset look, so using Sponge Daubers, I started with Goldrush, then Autumn Terracotta, Ruby, Barn Red, a little Smokey Plum and Outdoor Denim on the top.  I started light and then went back and added more colour, going over the darker colours with Barn Red and really working on blending them.  Then I used both Chocolate and Cocoa inks from the Basics palette to stamp flourishes from Playful Flourishes (a long-retired-but-I-just-can't-part-with set) as well as the Scroll Album WOTG stamp set, although you can't see that one very well.  I added the mesh-looking stamp from that same set.  Then, I stamped the word in Black using Old World Alphabet.

I'm a visual learner, so while listening to a sermon at church I sometimes find my thoughts wandering.  It makes a heap of difference when I take notes while I listen, so since my current journal is almost full, I thought this one would be perfect. It's filled with 80 pages of lined paper and has a lovely ribbon bookmark so I don't have to go searching for my place anymore.  Can't wait to use it!

Now hop on over to Carrie's blog to check out what she did with the journal.

12 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day.