Thursday, August 30, 2012

It was a Retro Sketches Day!

I am in the last few days of summer vacation.  Here in Canada, for the most part, our school year doesn't start until Tuesday.  I have enjoyed the laid back, relaxed style of most of our days this summer, but to tell you the truth, I am SO VERY READY for my kids to go back to school.  They are starting to get on each other's last nerves.  And I haven't really had very much time to craft, which I mentioned in a previous post.  This past Sunday, I hid in my studio and crafted away while my husband was home.

I won a July Card Kit from Simon Says Stamps on my friend, Sarah's, blog.  I got it just before I left for convention and I finally cracked it open to play.


Doesn't it look fun!  I have been so busy creating for my business, it was incredibly nice to be able to just play for the sake of it.  I made a couple cards that were sort of copies from other people but then I turned to Retro Sketches for some ideas.

Here is the sketch:

And here is the first card I made:




All the paper and ribbon are from the Card kit.  The stamp, from Pun Fun, and red bling are from Close To My Heart.  I coloured in the rocking chair with Cranberry and Orange watercolour pencils.  The bracket shape was cut with my Artiste cartridge.

I'll post my second card in a new post.  Stay tuned!


1 comment:

  1. Great take on the sketch - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-35_31.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day.