Sunday, May 22, 2011

CTMH: Regional Layout Number 2

I had so much fun making this layout!  Mayberry is my favourite new paper kit and pairing it with photos from our first attempt at a vegetable garden was perfect.  (Thanks, Tara, for the title idea!)

Here are photos of each page separately:


We did some pretty neat techniques on this layout.  The Kraft Colour-Ready borders were used, one of which we inked up with Cocoa beforehand.  We distressed the edges by tearing and rolling the edges.  But my favourite part was the stars!
Here's a close-up:


Can you figure out what we did?  After stamping the stars, we cut out the inside, right through all the layers on the layout.  Then we put a different piece of paper on the back of the layout.  Picture those tissue paper stained glass art projects you used to make.  Neat, eh? (Yup, that's my Canadian "accent" coming through!)  You can do this on any type of project and I think I'm going to try it again.

Happy Creating!

1 comment:

  1. Great Layout! I love the details and I'm definitely going to scrap-lift that title, so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day.