Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Guatemala off to a pretty good start.

Good morning!  Although I have to say, I'm not feeling too fabulous right now so it doesn't feel like that good a morning.  My cold seems to have reared its ugly head again and I didn't sleep very well last night.  Hopefully I'll feel better later.
Things have gone pretty well so far.  We had good flights in, although the second one to Guatemala was VERY bumpy, in a small plane.
We spent Sunday getting ready.  That meant sorting distribution items and counting vitamins.  We also visited Antigua for a while, shopping at the market, seeing the sights and eating a late lunch at a coffee plantation.
Yesterday we had our first clinic day and it was pretty easy on those of us in Pharmacy.  The medics seemed to moving patients through quite slowly, so we actually got some breaks throughout the day.  We still ended up seeing over 600 people.  Dental saw 148 patients, a record!
Today will be much of the same and with 4 more medics on Wednesday, we'll be hopping all day.
I'm sorry I don't have time to post photos.  The internet connection doesn't work well in the evening and I've got to go have breakfast now.  I'll see if I can post some tonight.
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day.