Thursday, June 17, 2010

April's Club Layout

I know it's nowhere near April and that I'm super slow in getting this posted.  I hope those of you who were looking for this layout can forgive me.

As I've said in previous club posts, my members choose a topic for upcoming layouts.  For April they wanted one with a spring theme.  Makes sense.  My problem was that I didn't have a lot of spring pictures, but I did have a lot of baby photos of my son to get scrapped, so this is what I came up with.

I had a hard time trying to get these pages to work.  All my ideas just didn't seem to fit.  I am happy with the final result and very pleased that I got to use my Love You Forever stamp set.  Such sweet little birds in that set!  The image on the bottom right is paper pieced.  We used the Caboodle paper pack and inked up some Big Pinks paper flowers with Sorbet.  I used Grey Wool ink for stamping the title because black would just be a bit too much for a soft, sweet layout. 

Here are some more details:


As you can see I still need to do the journaling.  That seems to be left behind lately.  Hmm... strange since I never used to be able to move on to a new layout until the current one was completely finished.  Now I have to catch up!  I think I'll have to set some time aside to get that done on all my unfinished layouts.

I've got the other club layouts from May and June almost ready to post.  Stay tuned!  They're my favourites.

Happy Creating!

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day.