Saturday, May 22, 2010

Celebrating Babies

I love our church.  We attend a Christian Reformed Church just minutes from where we live.  It's a fun, lively congregation.  We have a live praise band every Sunday and our pastor preaches from the heart.  We also have lots, and I mean lots, of young families.  In the past year there have been probably 10 births, with more on the way.  Most of these have been to brand new parents.  That means baby showers!  I'm not particularly close to all those young moms, but I did get invited to my friend Ruth's shower.  Her little guy Noah is adorable and I got to cuddle with him while she opened her gifts.  My mom "expertise" was put to work and I was able to get him to sleep.  I got my baby fix in.  I wish I had a photo of Noah to share with you.  It was strange, for most of the shower I was the most experienced mom there!  That's not my normal situation and it was kind of nice. 
Ruth has expressed an interest and desire to start scrapbooking and we've been trying to set up a date for a home gathering, but life is busy for her, and I completely understand.  So with that in mind, I made a special little gift for her.  I went to Ruth's registry to see what sort of theme she had for Noah's bedroom.  This is what I found:
Now doesn't that just scream Magic Moments?  The following accordian album is 9x9 and almost totally copied from another consultant, whose name I did not save. I wish I had.  

I used all kinds of stamp sets and had a lot of fun making it.  This paper is still one of my most favourite.  Because the paper looks better with Colonial White and the album is White Daisy, I sponged the edges with Cocoa ink to make the white less obvious.
All the guests really loved this and are talking about wanting me to do a workshop with this.  We'll see what happens.  I made this to celebrate my friend's new baby.  I wanted something really special for her.  But using Close to my Heart products really sells them and I might have new customers.  Two birds, one stone.  Love it.

And of course I have do make a matching card using Love You Forever and an Irresistible frame.  Here it is:


And the inside:
Happy Creating!

3 comments:

  1. Awww... adorable! Great version of my 9x9! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How thoughtful! I have a friend who's in the process of adopting and so I will take your idea and find out what here nursery 'theme' is and do something like this! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day.