Saturday, August 8, 2009

Challenge samples.

I know some of you have been waiting to see some examples from me. I've been busy getting ready for gatherings and learning about the new products and programs at Close To My Heart, so I apologize that it's taken me a few days. Here are a couple of cards.

This first one was made using our current stamp-of-the-month, It's Your Day, and Boutique Borders. This was my second try and I'm still not completely happy with it. I may just try another one, without that cute cake. I used the masking technique on the gifts and 2nd and 3rd generation stamping on the border. The colours were taken from Jeanette Lynton's Colour Me Monday challenge, although I had to switch up the Moonstruck for Dutch Blue. That's one ink colour I don't have yet. If you'd like to know more about the masking technique, let me know and I'll do a tutorial for it.


I love this second card! I love how it turned out. I started with a picture in my head, actually it's been there ever since I decided on this challenge and I finally got to make it last night. I used a cloud mask to sponge Heavenly Blue on the top of the card. The cloud is actually from the Childhood stamp set. Then, using another of Jeanette's colour challenges and September's stamp-of-the-month, Treasures, I stamped the images. I even got creative with the inside, which is something I don't do too often. I love those little fly away guys.


So now you've got a sneak peak at next month's SOTM set. I'll post some more artwork with both of these when I get a chance. I'm going to try a layout, too! Don't forget, I'll be awarding prizes this time around, one for a card and one for a layout.

Happy Creating!

3 comments:

  1. Awww Krista both of these are awesome! I love the first one and I don't think you need to change it at all!! The second one is just perfect! I love that stamp set too! In fact I have a card posting tomorrow using it.
    Thanks for a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that second card....the inside rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cards! I love the second one! Thank you for the comment on my Jingle Advent Calendar, the numbers are stickers that come with the advent calendar! How easy is that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day.