Thursday, July 2, 2009

It's July already!!

Happy Canada Day to all of you Canadians reading this! Did you enjoy fireworks? Our kids are still too little, Arianna is actually scared of them, so we just stayed in playing Settlers of Catan with my friend, who now lives with us, and my brother-in-law. It was still a fun way to spend the night.

I can hardly believe that July is here already! Where did June go? I had so many plans for June that I never got around to. So many goals that didn't get reached. Well, it's a new month so a new chance to start again. One of my goals is to start exercising again. There, it's out there, in blog world, for all of you to see. I'll be going to El Salvador with my hubby in February and I don't want to feel uncomfortable and embarrassed in a bathing suit like I was last time we were in Central America. So now that I've told you I guess I'd better stick with it. ;)

A new month means a new challenge. I wasn't sure what to do this month, until I thought about the last card I made for a member of my family. It was a birthday card for my dad. He turned 65 last month! I know that masculine cards can be difficult sometimes. So this is the challenge, make a masculine card. If you're not a card-maker, then make a masculine layout. That might actually be a bit easier!

Here is the card I made for my dad:


All product CTMH: August Stamp-of-the-Month (It's Your Day), Desert Sand Textured cardstock, Colonial White, Twilight, Outdoor Denim, Desert Sand cardstock, Aspen Level 2 paper, Twilight, Desert Sand and Outdoor Denim inks,
Pewter brads and bitty brads, and hemp.

I lifted this card from another consultant, Alisan Smith. She used different colours, but the design is all hers. The finished size is 5x5.

If you participate in this challenge, leave me a comment with a link to your post. I'd love to see what you do. Maybe, just maybe, I'll have a prize again this time.

Just a reminder that Saturday is the last day to sign up for the Unique Card Workshops. See post below for more information.

Happy Creating!

4 comments:

  1. Krista this is toooo cute! I am loving this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this stamp set...love the use of it with Masculine Colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card. I have a brother who is turning 65 in October. I may have to CASE this one. Great job!

    I hope you will stop by my blog and pick up an award I have for you there.
    www.scrappingamma.blogspot.com

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Krista!
    Here is my card: http://oma-idratherbecrafting.blogspot.com/2009/07/happy-birthday-jeff.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day.