Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Some of my most recent artwork.

Hey there, everyone. Just so you don't get your hopes up, I won't be posting every other day or something like that. I will definitely post a challenge every two weeks and then any time the inspiration hits or I have artwork I want to share. This is one of those times.

This layout, Camping Chaos, is one that I am extremely proud of. If you know me or have had a gathering with me, you know that I tell everyone 99.9% of what I create is lifted or taken from somewhere, another consultant or crafter, or from one of our fabulous How-To Programs. This one, though, is all me! It all came from my head. I hope you like it.

I used the Boom-Di-Ada Level 2 paper pack, one of the Journaling Spots, Buttercup brads, and Delightful Alphabet stamps. The circle frame, flowers, and large letters are from the Dazzling Die Cuts, a promotion we had in November. I inked up the White Daisy flowers by rubbing them directly on the ink pads. Colours: Hollyhock, Barn Red, Autumn Terracotta, and Sweet Leaf and Buttercup.





The next two photos are cards I made for my women's Bible Study group to write to the missionary family we support.

Here I used Let's Get Together Level 2. Stamp sets: Best Wishes, Thoughtful Seasons, Simple Stitches. The layered flowers on the left one are Dimensional Elements. The flower on the right is a Big Pink. Colours: Cranberry, Buttercup, Garden Green, and Breeze.
Originals Patterns: Left: Pretty Simple, pg. 116
Right: Buckle, pg. 82







For these two cards, I used the Serendipity paper pack, a promotion from a long while ago. It included the die cut flowers and textured cardstock you see on the right card and the stamp for the flower on the left. I also used Thoughtful Seasons and For Every Occasion stamp sets and Chocolate Mini-Medley and eyelets. Colours: Outdoor Denim, Dutch Blue, Chocolate, and Bamboo.
Originals Patterns: Left: Winning Combination, pg. 99, Right: First Impression, pg. 11



Now go create some of your own! Better yet, participate in the challenge.

4 comments:

  1. As always, your creations are very eye-catching and ones that anyone would love to receive, especially me! I love how you have taken existing card patterns and "tweaked" them to make them more your own and even original in a way. Thanks for sharing your beautiful artwork, and looking forward to seeing more--can't wait for what's in store!! Cheers! TTFN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards Krista! I can`t blame Arianna for not wanting to sleep in a tent. If she`s anything like me, she prefers the comforts of home! I hate camping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice cards! In the second group, is that a "faux" window using half circles or does the paper actually fold over? I like your work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about the camping layout...the look, the title and the journaling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day.